Mirrocraft overhaul

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerJ

Reaction score
Ive had my boat for a little over a month now. It runs great but looks its age, time to fix it up. The boat in question is a 1984 Mirrocraft Deep Fisherman II. I have already purchased new marine carpet, ply for decking, and a roll of electrical wire.

The first project will be rewiring the entire boat tomorrow. I'll be installing a switch box to control lights, sump pump, and a fish finder (the sump and fish finder will need installed). I'll post pictures of the wiring when its completed.

Next will be pulling the seats and removing the deck. I'm unsure what kind of bracing is under the deck, but it will be replaced with treated wood if it's in bad shape. The new deck will be 3/4 ply that I will seal after cutting to size. (going to use the old deck as a stencil).

I'm going to have to drill out the rivets that hold the seats in place. The rivets Mirrocraft uses do not look like normal rivets. More like a short carriage bolt with hammer marks on the inside.

I'll post pics of the wiring and inside of the boat tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_1351.JPG
    IMG_1351.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 576
Here is the inside of the boat. I removed all the old wiring today and re wired the lights. Also installed a Humminbird fish finder. I'm waiting on the rivets to arrive in the mail before the seats and deck come out.

I picked up some blue foam sheets from Lowes today, plan on replacing the aging flotation foam once the seats are out.

Headed to the lake tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll have some smallmouth pictures to post.

Attachments

• IMG_1353.JPG
    IMG_1353.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_1354.JPG
    IMG_1354.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_1355.JPG
    IMG_1355.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 535
Do not use pressure treated wood on an aluminum boat. Pressure treated wood is made with copper and copper is a dissimilar metal from aluminum and will cause damage to the aluminum.
The rivets look like solid aluminum rivets and are the proper ones to use.

Latest posts