Rivnut tool rental

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bamabill

Reaction score
I think I've decided to bolt my TM battery access panel to my aluminum framing instead of hinging it. I could drill and tap the aluminum angle but it seems rivnuts would be a better option. Anyone know if these tools are available to rent?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 913
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 913
Don't know if they can be rented. But I have boxes full of them. What size bolt are you planning on using? I have 1/4 and 5/16.

If your only doing a few rivnuts you can make your own tool.

This isn't exactly how I made mine, but pretty much the same idea. Had the right size nuts and bolt laying around. Works like a champ.

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/102317-diy-oem-airdam-install.html

1/4-20 should be sufficient. I will only have to take the panel off to change batteries. I've already installed an onboard charger. I assume rivnuts come in different lengths. These will go into 1/8 aluminum. Thanks for the link. Looks like it worked well in the pics.

panel installed with 1/4-20 rivnuts and SS oval head screws. thanks again for the link big T, I pieced together some stuff that worked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 851
bamabill said:
panel installed with 1/4-20 rivnuts and SS oval head screws. thanks again for the link big T, I pieced together some stuff that worked.

Cool!!! Glad it worked.

Those are pretty simple to install with the right size bolt, nut(s) and a few washers. If there were a bunch to install a proper setting tool might be easier. But for just a few the DIY version works great.