Much better 2nd voyage than the first

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
Absolute mess at work today, then I had to take care of some financial stuff afterwards, but I was able to meet my dad at the lake this afternoon for the 2nd maiden voyage (the first was leaky) of the smurf butt.

Boat seemed fine. We were out about 4 hours and the sump stayed dry. Did have an issue with the boat not wanting to make power under load. Full throttle it would act like I was only giving it maybe 1/3rd throttle. I'm sure the carb just needs adjusted in. I'll do some reading on it. But it didn't spit, sputter, etc and it started up and idled fine. Just didn't give a lot of power and wouldn't really get us up on plane. But, it was also 2 fat guys in a 14' boat, so I wasn't expecting a lot.

Bunch of high end bass boats were out gearing up for a tournament this weekend.

1gD4Tik.jpg

Oh whats this?

IakIC70.jpg

My dad caught the first catch in the boat, a 3 foot stick bass

nXLmgp0.jpg

Nice catch! Did you keep it or release it. If you kept it. I'm wondering how long you cooked it to get it fork tender. :mrgreen:
Glad you had fun this go around!

Insanity said:
Nice catch! Did you keep it or release it. If you kept it. I'm wondering how long you cooked it to get it fork tender. :mrgreen:
Glad you had fun this go around!

Its in the smoker now.

Latest posts