1992 Pro V 1775 tiller rebuild planning

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallda

Reaction score
I purchased this boat last year. The price was right and it is a very solid boat. My original plan was to fish it for a few years, replace the 1995 motor, carpet, vinyl and paint.

However after fishing out of it for a year I really want to remove the thick gunnals and configure it more like the new lund pro guide series.

I need more storage and a flat place to lay rods down. If I do this I will replace the transome, strip it down to aluminum, new fuel lines, new water tight storage, 8 foot rod storage....

My questions:

Are there good sources for wrap around gunnal extrusions? I would love to do lund sport track but am sure they won't sell me the raw materials.

Another approach I could take is use the existing interior rub rail and cut down the wide step. Instead of 10 inches, make it 1 or 2 inches wide. Any one try to rebend rub rail?

My last option is to leave the sides as they are, and shorten the massive casting deck by 12 inches. Then change the side by side seating into inline seating, and add a 10 to 12 inch storage compartment along the starboard side. I could store and lay down rods.

Love to hear your thoughts!

Grrrr... any idea how to rotate a picture .... tapatalk has not been my friend

Latest posts