ID Help?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonz_d

Reaction score
Acquired this recently but have no idea exactly what it is, there are no numbers on it anywhere. At 1st I thought it might be an old Crestliner but the knee braces don't match anything there. Which led me to look at old Rich Line boats which seem to be a better match. So if anyone has I clue I'd be happy to hear it.

Looks like a Rich Line to me. Measure the length(bow to transom), maximum beam width, transom width and depth and maximum gunnel to floor centerline depth. These should indicate the model.
Mike

Best I can come up with is a RichLine Challenger 14, year unknown.
14'LOA, 60" Midship, 48 or 50" at the transom depending on where on the transom it's measured.

Also anyone have a clue what the hp rating is on this thing?

The 1969 brochure list a 40hp maximum for the Challenger and the Model15 which are almost the same boat. I personally would not use a motor that large.
Mike

Thanks Mike! Sorry for the delay in a response, I spend too much time over at another site. Seams that an old brochure I'd found online states 35hp for a 1958 model. Which I still find a bit high in my opinion. I think this thing would be scary with a 25hp on it.

Currently I have a 1969 9.5hp Johnson on it and it does OK. Not a screamer but it does get up to plane with 2 adults in it. Thinking of upgrading to an 18/20hp Johnnyrude when I can find one for the right price.

This boat also seams to be about the same dimensions as the Lund S14 I used to own and that one did well with an 18hp.

That looks identical (other than paint) to my 1972 Richline Challenger 14. I run a 25hp Nissan from the late 80's on it. I built a deck from the middle bench forward and with that extra weight, it hits 25mph with me and all of my gear in it.

Thanks mpbond. Does yours also have the drain plug located in the bottom or is it in the transom? Does yours have a capacity plate on it? Can you post a picture of yours?

Since those pictures were taken I have rebuilt the transom on this one. I think it turned out very well. I'll try to get some recent photos uploaded.

drain plug is in the bottom. Capacity is very hard to read. Looks like 4 persons or 660lbs.

Latest posts