12' Boat ID help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoryTheCowboy

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Just bought a little 12' boat and was wondering if anyone could ID what it was? No titles on boats this size in Ontario and the previous owner thought it was a Northwoods? Unfortunately, the capacity plate got rubbed/sanded so I can't read it.

Here's a full shot of it
IMG_1199_zpsggxcdu0p.jpg

Stern area
IMG_1201_zpsbeaorv4x.jpg

Rear end
IMG_1200_zpsntbm3mm5.jpg

Middle of the boat
IMG_1198_zpsvrz7glhe.jpg

Bow area
IMG_1196_zps1tvdqlxr.jpg

Only minor problem was this small crack, but it's already at the welders
IMG_1202_zps9rpumxff.jpg

I tried to do some research on NorthWood boats, but didn't find anything that matched up to this one. Any ideas or thoughts?

Cory

Had one just like that , tho it was actually 11' 6''. It was a Sears. possibly made by Elgin. My current 14 ft. Elgin has the same transom "squares" in the aluminum on either side if the wooden plate.

boyscout said:
Had one just like that , tho it was actually 11' 6''. It was a Sears. possibly made by Elgin. My current 14 ft. Elgin has the same transom "squares" in the aluminum on either side if the wooden plate.

Hi,

Thanks. I've seen one other boat on here that was a Sears that matched mine and another the same that was titled as a Northwoods (which mine was as well).

Interesting to find out that Elgin made them, thanks :)

Cory

I had a 12' Sears also that wasn't an exact match but looked very similar. It was made by Sea Nymph and sold by Sears under the model name of GameFisher.