Reasonable price for 14' Alumacraft Mod V and 25hp Merc?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nguye569

Reaction score
What's a reasonable price for 14' Alumacraft Mod V with newer 25hp Mercury 4-Stroke. Not sure on year of the hull, it looks newer. The motor is a 2001.

The guy has it listed at 3000, but I think its a little high, I'm thinking it's closer to $2,500. Do you guys think its reasonable? I don't want to insult the guy with a lower offer.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/boa/5041507765.html

Need just a little more info on the boat. How wide is the bottom and beam? Also, is it welded, that would add to the price down here.

If it's a 48" bottom, all welded, it's probably worth 3K, but offering 2,500 is not insulting IMO.

I'm going to assume its 48 inch on the bottom and measure if I do go out there, person is selling on behalf of his grandpa and doesn't know enough about the boat. I dont think Alumacraft made any 14foot mod v's under 48.

This would be my first boat, so I want to make sure i'm not overpaying out of excitement of finally finding a decent sized jon boat in my area on craigslist.

Most folks expect some gentle negotiation and list prices accordingly.

Just never forget the buyers' quiet question: "What do you think your best price could be?"
Follow that up with your best, reasonable, offer.

I've sold stuff and found the aggressive, almost competitive, buyers who show up and make the transaction like a wrestling match, just piss me off. Others, more well-mannered, often end up with very good prices, and in a few cases, with trolling motors tossed in for the kids to use with the boat.

IMO, you probably won't get below $2500 on that with a 25 4-stroke. If all else looks good, I'd offer $2500 and have green cash IN YOUR HAND. :mrgreen:

Good Luck!

CMOS

I paid $3000 for a 2001 Lowe 1652 with center console and 1996 Evinrude 40 hp power trim 2 stroke prop motor. My boat is a jet tunnel hull so I really wanted it for that reason and there were no center consoles popping up for sale either. Seeing that 14' boat is a tiller setup I would bet he's hoping to get $2500 for it but $3K seems too high.

Latest posts