T Rail accessories?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plarsen111

Reaction score
Bought a 2000 Low 16 ft roughneck that comes with the T Rail system.

I am having a tough time finding a company that sells accessories for this system.

Anyone know of a great website where these can be purchased?

I only found this one: https://backwatersmarine.com/TRail_Accessories.html

And the prices are a little too steep for me (although this might be the way to go).

Thanks!

Phil

Perhaps I am searching for it using the incorrect name?

T rail system?

Rail system Jon Boat?

One would think these types of accessories would be all over eBay given how boat manufacturers are using it as a selling point?

Thanks!

Alot of people just make their own gadgets and modify caridge bolts or other bolts to fit the rail. My crestliner has the same rail...and it is a pain to find much and when you do its overpriced, for what it is.

Zum said:
Alot of people just make their own gadgets and modify caridge bolts or other bolts to fit the rail. My crestliner has the same rail...and it is a pain to find much and when you do its overpriced, for what it is.

Thanks Zum. I am glad I am not the only one having trouble finding these accessories. I just might end up paying for them.

On the other hand, perhaps this is a business opportunity :D

On John Gillespie's Waters and Woods he showed a cooking grill
For that system, but didn't tell the details about where it came from.
I checked his website and found nothing.
Here's a link, maybe You can contact him for info.

https://www.gillespiefishing.com/

Good Luck.

Steve A W

Try looking for 't-lock cap rail', but it looks like they try to keep that patented product sold through the boat dealer network.

Man, for the price of a ground-down carriage bolt ... and I'd be making my own stuff!

That's an interesting system. Looks like it might have been created to be a sort of proprietary system. I'd definitely make my own accessories, but I prefer to DIY pretty much anything that can be made. Looks like you could make carriage bolt plates by cutting down flat aluminum to the proper length and drilling/filing a square hole. Use a carriage bolt with a wing nut and you could use that to mount anything that has the right size holes. My Alumacraft just has standard round tops, so I made some stuff out of some old parts.

I had a shelf/tray that was going to be thrown away so I held onto it until I found a use. Decided a tackle shelf could be useful, but I needed it to be movable/removable for room and so I have it one when I need it. Made the mount out of a few angle pieces I had left over from building a covered shed for my fire truck. They were from attaching the sheet metal siding to the open seam rectangle tubing we used for the structure. Put it together and it works pretty good. Clipped on a couple spare nut/bolt containers I had and voila! Still needs paint though. I'll attach pics, but I also have another one (not with me) that's essentially the same, but it's just a flat top stainless shelf off of an old smoker that I plan to use for cutting bait.

NybxXUz.png

eHHH7y0.png

Latest posts