Polarcraft 1652

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cocopuff

Reaction score
Hey all just got my first jon boat so will periodically update this with my progress. As it sits right now it is a 16' long 52" wide older riveted boat. Came with a '95 28 spl johnson, trolling motor, 2 marine batteries, and a cheap little fishfinder (probably won't even use the fishfinder except for depth). Paid $2000 for the motor, boat, and trailer - been looking for a 16 foot in my area for a month now and this seemed to be a decent price. Had buy a new gas tank and fuel line which ran me about $100, so as of right now paid $2100 to get a fishable boat. It's got an aluminum deck on the front with a pedestal seat which is perfect for me as I will be fishing alone half the time.

My planned upgrades are new middle and front seats, redo and hide the wiring, put a removable plywood/carpet floor, repaint, bilge pump, put a pump system in the livewell, led lights for night fishing, and coat the front deck with something nonslip.

Also had a couple questions: Is there anything I should know about this year/model motor? Did some research on it and it's just a stripped down 30hp which is fine by me...less stuff to break. What are some options for coating the front deck? I was considering just some textured paint - trying to avoid bedliner as it gets too hot in the summer down here for anything black. Anyone out there had experience with putting a removable floor in it that wants to share some tips? The boat will be kept outside, but I plan on keeping the seats and floor in the garage to keep them in good shape.

Attachments

• IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0792.jpg
    IMG_0792.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0793.jpg
    IMG_0793.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0794.jpg
    IMG_0794.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0797.jpg
    IMG_0797.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0798.jpg
    IMG_0798.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 408
Although mine is a flat bottom, here's two aluminum removable floors I put in it.
The first pic. is of the forward floor, and the second is of the rear floor in the boat. The third pic. is the rear floor before I put it in.
All the braces, etc., are attached to the floor, and not to the boat.
Others have done what you are asking about on their MV's, I'm sure you could look through the forum and find something on their builds that would suit you; tons of info. on here.

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 395
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 395
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 395
That looks very sharp man. I've slowly been going through the build thread to get ideas, the mod v doesn't continue much past the front deck that's already on it so floor should be very similar to what you did.

Latest posts