I think I have finally got all the river essentials...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H20hawgs

Reaction score
Added a Rigid SRQ-2 driving beam LED. It is the hi/low version. It definetly burns holes in the dark. Cast light about 1,200' and lights up the river from bank to bank. It's like turning on the sun for those knee knocking midnight runs through the rapids and rocks. This is truly a must have if you night fish.
Also added a Minn-Kota deck hand 40lb anchor winch. Talk about life changing event...lol
I'll try to put some videos up soon.
Tight Lines...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 948
Now you will be able to see all the bugs!
When my buddy turned a light on to navigate a river, it was scary. I never thought there were that many bugs over that water, it looked like it was snowing!
As for the deckhand 40; one of the best things to have for river fishing, I have one with the remote and love it.
Nice rig you have there!

overboard said:
Now you will be able to see all the bugs!
When my buddy turned a light on to navigate a river, it was scary. I never thought there were that many bugs over that water, it looked like it was snowing!
As for the deckhand 40; one of the best things to have for river fishing, I have one with the remote and love it.
Nice rig you have there!

I'll post a pic of my clear safety/bug glasses too...lol
I have a pair I leave on the boat, light on or not at night time..and not wise to smile!
I have the remote as well. It makes river fishing a lot easier.with no heavy anchors to lower/raise.
The anchor and light definitely are a must if your out in these rivers after dark. Fish traps everywhere, rocks, stumps, trees ,Rapids ,shoals, etc.
I've heard the amber lenses covers cut through the fog and even allow you to see into the water better. I may order a cover and see how that does.
Thanks!

Darn you!

I thought I had my boat all setup the way I wanted it. Looks nice! Makes me want to head out and fish all night long.

RiverLife said:
Darn you!

I thought I had my boat all setup the way I wanted it. Looks nice! Makes me want to head out and fish all night long.

In this Georgia summer heat that's the time to be on the rivers. The cold water helps keep you cool at night when the sun is down. Plus there is no other boats out after dark!

Nice!!! I really like the compact size of that light.

My buddy keeps telling me I NEED to get an anchor mate. One of these days.

Like you said, driving lights are essential when running the river after dark. After I got my boat build complete we were heading out to a hunting spot in the fall and my buddy was using a handheld spotlight to light the way. It casted glare into my eyes off the boat and he didn't always keep it pointed where I needed the light while driving. That was the last time I used a spotlight!! I converted 4 halogen off road lights to HID and installed them on the bow of my boat. LED's have come a long way in the short time since I did my HID conversions. But I LOVE my lights and have no complaints. As you probably know, even with driving lights it's still hair raising running in the dark at 30mph through riffles and less then a foot of water. But it's fun!!

Here are mine. I keep a basketball on my trailer winch bracket to keep my cover from tearing. It's blocking some of the light and creating the glare you see in the picture.
IMG_20141105_185614_zpsrajkcqry.jpg

Latest posts