War Eagle gone Fly Fishin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JappyFish

Reaction score
Soooooo, I've mulled over the idea of a new toy but I cant bring myself to selling the old reliable war eagle.

I'm thinking about a makeover and I was wondering if there are any other fly fishers on the forum?

Right now I am looking at adding a poling platform, gunnel rod racks (including tubes) and a new ipilot. There is a place in Florida called Strongarm (Also performs flats skiff work) and the first picture that pops up on the custom work page is a jon boat that they have gutted and re-done.

Anyone else out there made any modifications for fly fishing?

my build was specificly for fly fishing. my pics are posted on here somewhere.my main focus was large front deck with below deck storage and no obstructions on the deck,front or rear.the only things in my way are seats and fish finder.

My build will be designed for fly fishing also. I usually fish alone so I will not have a poling platform ( unless I come across a steal of a deal ). Clear front deck as big and clear as possible will be key. I can either pole or walk the boat from the front end and if extra height is important for the day then I will use my Gator Box cooler as a casting platform. build pics to follow as soon as I get the bedliner stuff off the bottom.

Also..... you won't go wrong with any item you purchase from Strongarm. I have used their stuff on several skiffs and LOVE everything I have got from them.

I fly fish 95% of the time now, I didnt go with a poling platform but there are times I wish I were higher-up. I went to a tiller trolling motor, figured less to get in the way, I dont use a "line bag".

No real mod's. just or fly fishing. I have a large front deck on a 1648 with nothing on it A trolling motor would be nice but just using a pole for now. Strongarm products are very well made, top quality, but their customer service wasn't the greatest 2 years ago. Took me 3 months to get my order.

Latest posts