1962 Lone Star MEDALLION

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

Once more, I've been out in the country "looking about" & found a 16 foot Lone Star Medallion "sitting out in the weeds".

The hull & 1962 Lone Star trailer are in good shape BUT the entire interior has been stripped out & thrown away by the previous (and now deceased) owner.

Do any of you have a 1962 factory brochure OR some good photos of the original interior arrangement & seating?
(The fiberglassics.com "library" has NO information whatever on the 1962 Lone Star tin boats.)

yours, satx

Well, Hello SATX! Wondered where you were. Haven't seen any posts from you in awhile.

As with you, all of the research I've done on Lone Stars is what you have as well. Sorry I couldn't help.

You once told me you had a Clipper back in the day, but it was sold when you came home from the service. You mentioned the last time it was seen was up at Lake of the Pines. Sir, there is one for sale right now on CL, at Lake of the Pines. I will send you the link.

Good to hear from you! I will double check my research and see if perhaps I might have something for you concerning the Medallion.
M
Tyler, Texas

TexasLoneStar56,

YEP. I've "been away" for a while from the forum, due to trying to "deal with" a family member's chronic illness, doing some volunteer work for a local 501C3, helping with preparations for our boarding school class's 50th anniversary & working on local elections.

THANKS for the photos of the LS Clipper on Lake of the Pines. - Unless it was completely re-finished in a different color scheme, at some time, SADLY that isn't "my Clipper".

By all means, PLEASE post or send me any photos that you have of the Medallions that you may have. - I've "looked all over the place" for GOOD PHOTOS that "Terri, the upholstery lady" can copy as to design/material/color/etc.

Note: I'm wondering if what I've found is even a 1962 model??? ======> I'm beginning to suspect that the hull is a 1963 Medallion, that was built & sold in late 1962, as I can find NO "factory photos" of a 1962 medallion in any of Lone Star's brochures/advertising.
(I plead "guilty as charged" to being a bit of a fanatic on authenticity, when it comes to cars/boats.)

Btw, I've found a matching "pair" of restorable Johnson RDS-24 to power the tin 16-footer.

yours, satx

I wonder if the serial number would help to ID her? It should have the year stamped in it, on the back of the transom.

I will search likewise and see what I may possibly find. Have you bought her yet or is she still in the weeds? Please post pics.

I am saddened that the Clipper at LOTP is not your old one. :( I was in hopes that maybe, just maybe it could have been. I immediately thought about you when I first saw the ad last week.

I will send you any info I can find on a Medallion. Looking forward to pics.

Again, good to hear from you! :D

M
Tyler, Texas

satx78247 said:
TexasLoneStar56,

PLEASE check your mail.

yours, satx

I did, and answered with the possible code to ID her. Hope that helps. I've given you all the info I have and that I can find.

Good luck!

TexasLoneStar56,

With any luck at all, I'll be able to go pick-up the boat/trailer this Sunday afternoon.
(As you likely know, we're "having some issues" with flooding in this general area and "getting into" the area where the boat is parked may be "a problem".)

yours, satx

:LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

I know you are right about he flooding! You almost need a pontoon to get to the boat?!? :lol:

Looking forward to pics!

TexasLoneStar56,

YEP. = I talked to "Tom" this afternoon & he said that the pasture has 2-5 feet of water standing in some areas & there is NO way to get the boat/trailer, absent a helicopter. :(

Some folks in south TX are considering building a BIG boat & gathering up animals 2X2.

yours, satx

Some folks in south TX are considering building a BIG boat & gathering up animals 2X2.

:LOL2:

I know that's right! World News at 5 showed pics of the Guadalupe. My goodness! :shock:
Wish the Lord would see fit to send some rain over to CA, AZ and up to AK. [-o< They sure could use some.

TexasLoneStar56,

Personally, I'd be PLEASED to send several billions of gallons of the flood waters that we are "enjoying" to CA or to any other place that could use it.
(Some things, Texas could use more of. = This year, rain isn't one of them.)

yours, satx

TexasLoneStar56,

BAD NEWS. = A female family member of the PO's family "had a screaming fit"/temper tantrum about the boat/trailer being sold & the son has now chosen to NOT sell the LS to anyone, so it will "sit & rot away" out in the open.
(I guess that most EVERYBODY's family has a modicum of "mixed nuts".)

yours, satx

Well forever more! :(

That's ok satx......God has something bigger and better in store for you! :D

I wish you could get the Clipper over at Lake of The Pines. It's still on CL. :idea:
I've not called on her, but I bet she's pretty cheap.

Good luck in finding you another boat. I know you have looked for quite some time now. As you already know, it's all in His time, my friend. :)

With Sincere Respect,
M

Latest posts