Help with my first boat project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unit4swamper

Reaction score
20150611_191845.jpgSo I have purchased my first boat with the plan to make it my duck boat. I have already made a scissors blind for it and hunted it a couple times last year. Since then I have removed the blind and gutted the wood floor and carpet. I plan to replace some of the rivets below the water line as well as some that are on the sides of the boat. As for the holes on the gun whales in intend to use JB weld. I will then do a leak test and use Gluv-It for the seams. I plan to use close cell insulation sheets for flotation. I have a friend who has access to aluminum at cost so I am going to go with an aluminum floor as well a small deck up front for my dog. This is a 14' boat so I only plan to hunt 2 people and a dog. I plan to rivet the floor to the middle angle aluminum running for bow to stern as well as rivet to the ribs along the sides as was the previous floor. I plan to paint the boat with something like Grizzly grip? when I get to that point. The rear an middle bench were removed my the PO with no flexing issues.

My real question to you all is I am unable to figure out my seating for myself and hunting partner. What would be ideal is two adjusting pedestal seats but when I put up my scissors blind and begin to hunt it is uncomfortable to be directly in the center of the boat as one side of the blind is in your face. Moving back about a foot of center either way if the most comfortable depending on what side of the boat we are hunting from. I point the bow in the wind when hunting. I need the stability of a seat attached to the floor when riding in the boat but want mobility as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20150531_190005.jpg
    20150531_190005.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 332
  • 20150611_191800.jpg
    20150611_191800.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 332
  • 20150611_191818.jpg
    20150611_191818.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 332
Sounds like you have a great plan!

JB Weld will work, but having it welded would be better.

For seating, you can install multiple flush mount seat bases and move the seat and pedestal around however you want.

Latest posts