Custom coast guard capacity labels made

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBRMINER

Reaction score
So my boats capacity label was long gone with all the previous paint jobs. I found this site online that custom makes them. They will put whatever you like on the label. I thought it was a nice finishing touch to my boat for $20 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434140822.324235.jpg www.Outboarddecals.com

I have seen the actual metal plates on the internet.
Problem is, they print what you tell them to print.
so, YOU are responsible for all the information.
If it is wrong, the DNR, Water Patrol, USCG and Mr. Green Jeans
has a formula to tell if your vessel is over loaded or over powered.
so, do your research prior to putting one on your water craft.
Actually, your local vinyl sticker shop can make you a Capacity Plate Decal.
It may take a little more research on the web to find a metal one. But I have seen it.

just a decal however good quality (ill get a better photo) I don't have a local shop here. Obviously you aren't going to make your boat carry more than its rated by a sticker however if you're rated for a 35 hp and you get a steal of a deal on a 40 hp, it could keep Johnny Law off your back.......

and myself, my boat is registered as a Lund, as its pre 1970, i didn;t know what it was at the time, and the DMV lady asked me and I told her the first make that came to mind.... if im ever questioned this should take care of any questions. the cops won;t know it's a repop.

yep . . . Mr. Green Jeans will git you fer sure LOL

I have worn the hat a couple of times. First time was when I was stationed
in Key West with the Navy and the Florida Marine Patrol accepted the local
Navy guys in the "Ride Along" programs. They used that as a tool to recruit
sailors that were getting out of the Navy soon. Did that for a couple of years.
Then, at the Naval Base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The assistant Provost Marshal.
which is the Game Warden. (Mr. Green Jeans). That was a collateral duty in conjunction
with the Military Police to help keep the military in check with obeying the local fishing laws.
But alas, that was so many summers ago.

Best of luck to you in your quest as the Grouper Trooper !!

While there is a generic sticker you can supply info for yourself, it also looks like they have about 2 dozen pre-done ones for various actual boats. Interesting idea.

Latest posts