WANTED DEAD or ALIVE: LONE STAR SERIAL NUMBER INFO

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

I'm looking for a SERIAL NUMBER LIST to identify LONE STAR boats by year & model name.

I'd be PLEASED to pay you for making me a copy of the list, should you have it.

yours, satx

bobberboy,

Fwiw, I've been a member on www.fiberglassics.com for several years & (so far at least) NOBODY has said that they have a SN list.

Also, there is LITTLE information on 1962 Lone Stars.

Further, I'm a member of the yahoo group & ZILCH on year models there either.

Fyi, I was told by another member of FG that Chrysler destroyed the old Lone Star boat records, so I may NEVER know for sure.

yours, satx

I gave you all I have, and, that I could find for you. Sorry it wasn't much help, but there's just not a list out there. As you said, it was destroyed years ago.

Good luck!

satx78247 said:
bobberboy,

Fwiw, I've been a member on https://www.fiberglassics.com for several years & (so far at least) NOBODY has said that they have a SN list.

Also, there is LITTLE information on 1962 Lone Stars.

Further, I'm a member of the yahoo group & ZILCH on year models there either.

Fyi, I was told by another member of FG that Chrysler destroyed the old Lone Star boat records, so I may NEVER know for sure.

yours, satx

It's too bad when stuff like that happens. I once attempted to search my family on Ancestry.com and was only able to go back 2 generations. There had been a fire and much of the 1890 census records were destroyed. The critical census for my search was that one and I could not make the necessary ties to pre-1890 in order to continue the history. It was disappointing. Future generations will be disappointed with us when all this digital information we save won't be available. I'm not sure what the correct terms are but with all the changes in platforms and software already I have records that have been proven to be useless. I used to do a lot of CAD type drawings on a MAC. At a point the software company evaporated leaving me with no ability to access or recover my drawings. It's happened in other ways too. Got floppy discs? Got Zip drives? And think of all the history lost because people stopped writing, first because they could call long distance and then email and texting. Anybody have texts from your grandma tied up with a satin ribbon? I'm a lover of history and it worries me that our so-called paperless society will leave us without a history. I should offer the disclaimer that I have one foot firmly in the 19th century.

bobberboy,

SUCCESS!!!! = Due to the help of a GREAT GUY from this forum and the help of two other "old boat nuts" of another forum, I now KNOW that my "tin boat" is a 1962 Lone Star 16 foot MEDALLION, which was built in April 1962. - It was the 612th hull of that series. The trailer is also a 1962 Lone Star product.
(The boat will be powered with a pair of 1962, 40HP, Johnson outboards.)

REFERENCE Ancestry.com: In some of the limbs of our family tree (but FAR from all), I'm "back to" the 9th Century.

What bothers me is that I know so little detail about my family in the 19th & early 20th centuries. = For example, I know that my G-G- Great Aunt, SWAN FLYING PARKER (Her "English" name was: Julia Anne, btw.) was a Confederate Partisan Ranger in TWBTS, that after the war that she was a gunfighter, bounty-hunter & a sometime owner of a saloon in The Winding Stair Mountains of IT (OK).
BUT other than mentions of her in the official records of early OK, I just don't know much more about her life than I just told you.
(Inasmuch as she lived until May 1918 when she died in the Spanish Flu Pandemic, I would have thought that I would be able to find out more about her "life story". = Official records are "dry as toast".)

yours, satx

Congrats on finding the info. That's very cool and now you can search for specifics about the boat.

It's also very cool about your Gx3 aunt. That's quite a character! The closest I can come to that is a relative on my dad's side of the family who was a small-time gangster during prohibition. Maybe a gunfighter of a different sort...

BTW, I happen to have a 1962 40hp Johnson for sale and I have to drive to Amarillo sometime this summer for my Belize project. :mrgreen:

bobberboy,

Your "BELIZE Project"????? = Tell me more.

"Swan" (as the family called her) in 1883 "came home to visit family" at Christmas, met a doctor named D.H. Anderson, who had moved to IT after TWBTS & got married.
(She later had two children, one of whom died in childhood of cholera & the other, SGT Robert Henry Anderson, was KIA in WWI.)
The Anderson's moved to Muskogee, where the doctor had his medical practice & Swan raised/raced horses until her death. She & Dr. Anderson are buried at the Old Masonic Cemetery at Muskogee, OK.
(My grandmother knew "Swan", when she was a girl/young woman & said of her, "She was quite the colorful character. - When I was a girl, I desperately wanted to BE her." = Unfortunately, my Grandmother died before I was mature enough to deeply question her about her life and write down her memories of the family & early OK.)
Incidentally, my cousin , Beverly, "has custody of" Swan's 14-gauge "sawed off" double-barreled shotgun, gold watch, dagger & Bible.

NOTE: My grandmother's diaries/journals/keepsakes were destroyed by fire, when her house burned in the early 1950s. - She had graduated from THE OKLAHOMA FEMALE SEMINARY FOR INDIAN GIRLS in 1913 & "kept school" in Delaware County, OK for years and MAY have written down important historical data, which was then lost forever.

yours, satx

SUCCESS!!!! = Due to the help of a GREAT GUY from this forum and the help of two other "old boat nuts" of another forum, I now KNOW that my "tin boat" is a 1962 Lone Star 16 foot MEDALLION, which was built in April 1962. - It was the 612th hull of that series.

:mrgreen:

I'm with you guys about all the digital. It's great for researching online, but what about when it's gone? That's exactly why I have printed everything I can get my hands on about the Lone Star boats.

I wish there was a way to start collecting serial numbers to establish "A List". I've given it some thought and I think I have figured out a way to do just that, with some help and info from others. I will work on that.

Bobber,

I received an email update on your project. Congrats! =D> =D> =D>

satx,

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of the old gal! You know how I love those old Lone Stars! :mrgreen:

BTW: Interesting history from both of you. I was lucky. Our Mother was all into genealogy. She printed it all, laminated everything and placed in notebooks. Mine is of Choctaw and Irish. My great grand parents walked The Trail of Tears to Oklahoma Territory. I remember my great grandma. She died on her 100th birthday, in a nursing home in Lindsay, OK, with her long hair, in braids. She was Choctaw. My great grandpa died before I was born. He was Choctaw, as well. He went to work for a white family when he was just a boy, and took on their last name. Thanks to my late Mother, we have all this, in print. [-o<

I know this is an old post, however today I found myself in the same predicament. I am now a proud owner of a 1958 Lone Star 14' boat.
I know nothing else about it and do not have a title. I will be applying for lost title with a Bill of Sale from the previous owner, who is the the widow of the man who used it 35+ years ago... We had to literally dig this thing out of the ground in her back yard.

May I ask, how did you find the information on the boat?

My boat has a HIN of: B83110160

Thanks,

Joe

Latest posts