Storing your fly rod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattais33

Reaction score
Question,
You guys have any pics of how you store your extra fly rods while fishing. Not stored in a rod holder, more like how to store them when they are in standby mode?
Maybe I am just a freak about not wanting to scratch up the rod and reel but for the money we spend on fly set ups, its a little different than the conventional stuff.
Currently I just lay mine on the back bench and let the tip of rod lay on the front deck. And I know I am asking for it!
Thanks

I have rod holders with the foam insert mounted on the front and rear seat of my boat. I'm not too concerned about the rods getting damaged since I usually fish alone. I will have an 8wt and a 5wt most trips. I fish from the back of the boat, but hope to change that with a foot control trolling motor.

LOL yep you are being too freaky about it . . .

and so am I !! I do not take my fly rod in the boat just for that very reason.
Not necessarily concerned about "scratching" it - but more about stepping on it.
Not enough room to do everything. When fishing, my conventional rods are
in a vertical holder. not the perfect set up for pitching flys.

I just got back into fly fishing last year so I don't have the "expensive" stuff yet.
But I know when I put a grand into a nice saltwater rig I will be even
more cautious as to handling and storage of it.

good luck and tight lines !!!

Good ideas.

I gotta have it on board now, I am dying to catch a redfish on the new set up. Hopefully my luck will be with me Saturday.

Thanks for the responses.

And Barefoot Johnny, your from winter garden. Funny, I went to West Orange High and Ocoee Middle. So did my dad and uncle. Small world.

our 4 pce chronamid rods stay in their aluminum tubes,the trolling,wet fly rods stay in the foam rod holders along the deck.they are inexpensive rods,not like the 4 pce rods so they get replaced at least 1 rod per year from getting the tips broken off.good excuse to buy new stuff.

My nice rods are for wading only... On the boat it's the 7'eagle claw rods..... For $35-$40 they're hard to beat

Latest posts