Seat base R&R

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juggernot

Reaction score
The 7x7" pedestal seat bases on my 03 G-3 are rusting out. I can possibly replace the brass inserts, but some of the SS base screws won't get tight. I assume I could install larger screws to get them to set tight to the deck? The original screws are 2" and I assume screwed into the wood under the the deck so I'm wondering if the larger screws will hold in just the metal of the deck?

This help?

DqU72Zq.jpg

Hillman Group 15-Count #8- 32 x 1/2-in Rubber Standard (SAE) Well Nuts

Don't think so, the holes in the alum. deck are sized to the screws and the pedestal mount flange/base sits flat on the deck. Any insert that protrudes above the deck will hold the base slightly off the deck w/o some gasket the same thickness. No way to access underneath w/o cutting a hole in the boat and the foam that fills all of the space inside the deck and under the seat base. Does somebody make a "spacer" for the base plate to work w an insert fastner to make it all tight when screwed down?

I don't have experience w/ rivets below water line.

Check this thread though:

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=38433

I know Barefoot Johnny has posted many times on that subject.

The bow and stern decks on this boat are welded in. The bow one has a storage area where I can possibly access and use nuts/washers under the deck for the base screws. The stern deck is closed off and completely filled w foam. The only access to under the base is the hole in the deck for the pedestal pin that seat base covers when installed.

Latest posts