Maiden Voyage.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProduceMan

Reaction score
Today is it =D> . Going to a local lake to give her the first run. Not real sure if I can get deep enough to launch with such a short tongue :roll: . Guess I"ll find out. Taking the GPS. I"ll post the results later today. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So what's the boat? Pics please!

(Wish we could send you guys some of the rain we've had for about 6 months. [-o<)

I'll be watching and waiting for your update on her maiden voyage! :popcorn:

M
Tyler, Texas

Well good news, it floats and doesn't leak. I am way under propped. Thought going to a 4 blade that you are supposed to drop down a degree in pitch - WRONG! It would start out fine up to 4.5kts then go thru some venting, I'd bring up the revs and would eventually bite but could only get 11kts at high rpm with two 180lb humans onboard. Tried all the trim pin holes, ran the best in the middle of 6 holes. Definitely need to go to an 8 or 9 degree wheel. I'm also going to have to extend the trailer tongue, the Explorer's exhaust was bubbling and the ramp had a moderate incline. I have to go the telescopic route as my driveway is steep and a permanent extension will not work. If I was launching in freshwater all the time I wouldn't bother. This baby is gonna be 90% salt. It's a 1973 Hewescraft, 14', 5' b eam. Lots more work to be done. This was just a quick "see how it behaves run". Stay tuned...

Attachments

• 00K0K_e3FLEVxacHD_600x450.jpg
    00K0K_e3FLEVxacHD_600x450.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 577
  • 00C0C_c3uYZAVHzRA_600x450.jpg
    00C0C_c3uYZAVHzRA_600x450.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 577

Latest posts