12' flat bottom wife troubles

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I have a 2007 crestliner flat bottom with a 9.9 gamefisher. I took the wife out last weekend and took off across the bay we hit a little chop and my wife started bouncing around the front of the boat she's about 130lbs and I'm 285 if I have her move to the middle bench we don't plane because there is too much weight near the rear so my question... I decked the front of my boat and I'd like to put a seat with a backrest up there so she can be a little more comfortable but the seat has to be low to the deck and my hatch will be in the way.. I have no problem modifying the hatch to put a seat up there but I need something stable comfortable and it needs to slide from side to side so we can level out our weight so we don't ride caddiewampus I was wondering if anyone has a cheap solution to my problem she loves fishing and happens to be a perfect counter weight I attached a picture with a buddy of mine in the boat so you can get an idea of how my front deck looks

Attachments

• IMAG00081.jpg
    IMAG00081.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,093
Here is a better picture of the front without my buddy taking up the whole front end

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_image.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,087
How about a bean bag seat/chair? I buy the $20-25 ones from Walmart or Target, usually VERY popular prior to kids going back to school. And while some are big, I found some orange L-shaped ones that are great for visibility and extremely comfortable.

Or try those L-shaped stadium seats with the butt pad connected to the backrest, with straps connection the 2 on the sides. We use them on the beach and find them darn comfortable, plus some people use them when sitting on the flat-type bench seats, when they have bad backs, as these do give back support.

On sale for $20 at REI, see: https://www.rei.com/product/882237/mountain-summit-gear-stadium-seat-special-buy?cm_mmc=cse_PLA-_-pla-_-8822370001&mr:trackingCode=979D28B8-C9B7-E411-8F84-BC305BF82162&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=t&mr:adType=plaonline&mr:ad=55518619600&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=68428078000&msid=qrvWERCN_dt%7Cpcrid%7C55518619600%7C&lsft=cm_mmc:cse_PLA

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,082
Wow that would work I think especially that last one I wouldn't have to redo my deck and she can still be moderately comfortable. Thanks dale I might have to pick one up and see how she likes it

Captain Ahab said:
If your wife has a 12' flat bottom you got more troubles the a comfy boat ride :)
As I started reading this thread I was wondering if anyone else read the title the same way I had. #-o :lol:

What happens with your wife driving the boat?
(If she reads this thread you might need a new counterweight...or a new boat.)
Is your battery,anchor,fuel, all up front?

No battery anchor rides up front fuel is in the back and I agree I need a bigger boat but we are buying a house once that's done I can get one of them 1860s and I don't think her driving the boat is a good idea... Her mustang has scars to prove she isn't a good driver. But I really think that stadium seat will be the ticket at least until I get something bigger that I can mount some real seats to

This might work for you, If you want the seat to face to the aft.
I have a swivel and a plastic seat mounted to mine. It will slide to side if you are not sitting on it.
The only problem is that there is nothing to hold the back of the seat down but your weight and will tip forward if you lean too far. You can lean against the back of the seat all you want. You tilt the seat forward 90 degrees to remove the seat.

If you are interested, I will take some pictures of mine. It is hard to image it with a seat on it.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/attwood-bench-style-seat-mount/pid-10769?N=842564553

You could also build something like it out of plywood.

I just took a look a a close up of the seat mount. My kit came with written instructions only. After all these years, I see that I installed mine wrong. The back of the seat mount goes under the raised lip of the rear bar so that the seat will not tip forward until you slide the seat almost all way to one side or the other. Correcting that will improve my life a little.

Some of us need pictures.

I think this would work for you if you move your latch for your hatch cover and it would let you install any seat. You would have to slide the seat to one side to access the hatch or let the seat rest on the top of the back rail for quick access.

That's actually I good idea I can even use it on my rear bench as well all i have now on the rear is a clamp style mount and I hate it with a passion and with 2 seats on the rails like that I can realm balance the boat out and make sure everyone is comfortable in going to have to look in to that as well tomorrow is payday and I think its time to spend some money on boat parts

Latest posts