Carpet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatBoyFletch

Reaction score
I'm in the process of doing some modifications to my 14ft jon boat (pictures coming soon once it's done) and I'm stuck as to what carpet I want to use. I don't want the carpet getting hot and of course I want it to be comfortable. Any suggestions?

I opted for no carpeting - went with a rubberized paint, mainly because it would be a lot lighter, but it seems to do well not heating up when out baking in the sun. Granted, I haven't had any trips out where the thermometer was over 85 yet this year, so those in the deep south might have a different opinion of it, but I've been happy with it.

I used Home Depot I/O carpet, was about $35 for floor & bow. Cheap enough to replace when it gets trashed.

CedarRiverScooter said:
I used Home Depot I/O carpet, was about $35 for floor & bow. Cheap enough to replace when it gets trashed.

I did the same. Turned out great and is lasting. If anything the wood is going before the carpet.

I have used, and am using on my latest rebuild, boat carpet from Lowes. Holds up great and my Lowes has it in brown and gray.

Latest posts