Aluminum sheets

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgpjr49

Reaction score
Where does everyone get the aluminum sheets for there projects? Online or a store nearby? Anyone near Orlando know where I can get a sheet for a decent price?

There is an aluminum shop in Port St. John that I have dealt with for years. They are always willing to help me out when needed. I occasionly have to wait until they place a large enough order but that's never much of a wait.

Try Acme Surplus in the Port of Sanford. https://www.acmeindustrialsurplus.com/
Call ahead their stock varies from time to time, but the have an incredible inventory.

John

I typically go to the local scrap yard and buy an old road sign. You can get the huge interstate signs and be set for about 20-30 dollars. All the signs I buy are aluminum and plenty thick for a deck.

Guess I'm lucky to live in the aluminum boat capital of the world. I can get sheets of almost any thickness, diamond tread or flat, up to 4x12. Normally shipping would kill you but if I'm not in a hurry for it, I'll have them send it with the next load of boats...that way they don't charge anything to ship it.

Last time I bought any, it was .080" thick flat (no diamond tread), 4x8 and was about $68 for the entire sheet.

Just bought 3 sheet of 0.125 flat aluminum 5052 from Surplus steel in Apopka fl. For $118 each. 4x8 sheets. Nice folks! 407-293-5788

Latest posts