Mega Tin - where do you draw the line ??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
listed in the Orlando, FL C/L

1962 Chris Craft Roamer
27' Alum boat Hull, Cabin Cruiser, Head, Galley, Dinning table, V Berth.
Twin 350 inboards,, Edelbrock Marine Carbs, ONLY 100 hrs.
Sits on 30'- triple axle trailer, 7" Alum I- Beam,,11,000lbs, Trailer cost new is $5,500
Needs wood work,,, boat has been sitting ,,Great project,, Classic.
new carbs also need cleaning. Reduced to $6,500.
Mega Tin 1.jpg
If I had the extra pocket change, I would be all over this Diamond in the Rough !!
But, then, I would have to buy a truck to pull it with, and take out a loan for a
tank of gas . . . so I'm gonna pass LOL. Just thought some of you might like to see a great Tin.
I had an old 1960 30' Chris Craft back in the late '70s that was all wood with a single 350 motor
and it was a blast.

Wow, looks like it's in great shape on the outside so I'm guessing by that price, the "needs work" is pretty extensive on the inside. Great looking old boat.

Mike, if I went and looked at it, I know it would be in my back yard the next day LOL
Just the two Chevy 350 motors and transmissions could be worth that much once overhauled.
oh yea, it will be a money pit for sure. But, over a 5 year span, it would "seem" minimal.
There are photos of the inside but they are too small to copy and paste here. Only the main
photo is big enough to post.
But, you can see the whole ad at https://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/5063931808.html
That could be one awesome weekender.
I am a deep rooted Chris Craft enthusiast and have seen just about every model made by CC
but have never seen the Roamer !! It is captivating to look at and only imagine its past life.

I have only had one inboard engine boat. And if you have never heard the sweet sound
of a Chris Craft 350 gurgling at idle - - - well, let's just say it is an awesome sweet sound.
Almost as sweet as a Harley (almost).

The plant,Chris Craft (where it used to be) is only 6 miles from my house.I know people that worked there ,even Chris Smith,owner.
Remember as a kid seeing boats rolling out on rails.

That is so awesome. I'm sure I'm one of many who will be daydreaming of that cruiser and its potential all day at work.