Aluminum Skiff

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucescoflathead

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with an aluminum skiff? In my quest for the perfect boat, I saw a company in Louisiana who builds skiffs. I know they do well in swamps, but how would an 18 foot skiff do in the rivers of western Pa.? How about with a jet outboard? Any thoughts?

I'm still looking for a wide open tiller boat to take the kids fishing.

Aluminum?

Skiff?

No idea. Need more info 8)

Welcome to Tin Boats!

If you're talking about Three Rivers - I suggest you consider V or Semi-V.

18' with high gunwales is always good in a heavily trafficked area.

No, I've had three jon boats.The one I was talking about is made by Extreme Metal Fabrication in Louisiana. (extrememetalfabrication.com). It looks like a big canoe. They list an 18X58 that would probably work for me.

I fish the Allegheny River which can get deep, but also fish the Kiski which is pretty shallow.

I liked the Go Devil boats, but was told they're not made to use a regular or jet outboards.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Todd

They will build one of these up to 20' as a tiller model. 28" sides, a very good V at the bow and a 10 deg deadrise to handle reasonable amounts of rough water with a tunnel hull set up for OB jet to get skinny. They are expensive but built like a tank and would be the last boat you'd ever need to buy. At least until you get 2'-itis or taste in boats completely changes. :wink:

https://www.wooldridgeboats.com/catalog/products/sport

A 20' CC Sport has been my holy grail of tin boats since I first found their web site 10 - 15 years ago. I've been saving all my loose change ever since to buy one. I figure by retirement age I'll have enough :LOL2:

A hunting buddy got a 20' SS Offshore center console last year and to say it is a beast is a gross understatement.

I'd guess that a "skiff" is a thousand different boats to a thousand different people.

There is a great site called Microskiff.com , ....mostly boats out of Florida. Generally, they don't push tin boats due to the heat factor on FL sunny days. richg99

Latest posts