How Would You Mount Seats?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigStringer

Reaction score
Hello Tin boats,

New member and boat owner here. I got a sweet deal on a 2012 Klamath recently. The boat is in very good shape, and the original owner didnt seem to modify anything in the boat. Here she is a 2012 Klamath DLSX with a Honda 8HP 4 stroke.

The bench seats are very low to the floor, making fishing for hours tough on the body and I'd like to install some seats for an upcoming trip to the Sierras.

Here is what the bench seat looks like.

A big consideration in this boat is balance, so being able to reposition my seat to the middle of the bench when not running seems important, especially if I am fishing by myself.

I am looking at 3 possible installations:

1) Cuda Clamp to locking swivel base

2) Rail System like the slider G5 - would one of those work on a seat like mine with the lip?

3) Buy a few of the black plastic swivel bases and locate them in the areas where they are needed.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Picks of your installation are also very welcome if you have an idea for me that I have not considered.

Thanks for Reading!

BigStringer

I think you would be very happy with the Glider G5. Can slide it to center when fishing and slide it to one side when handling the tiller. I have one on my boat and like it very much.

Latest posts