Help Wanted

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyWaters

Reaction score
New to this forum (Gainesville, FL). I've been searching for a pre-owned (can't afford new) all-welded aluminum craft for inshore saltwater and near shore saltwater grass flats fishing (primary targets redfish and spotted sea trout). Never owned any boat with a motor.

Strongly leaning toward a modified V (not 0 deadrise) prop (not jet) tunnel hull. A modified V to handle some chop more smoothly and a tunnel hull to be able to get more skinny (lots of oyster beds and in some places rocky). Not interested in a jet because at certain times of year there's a lot of floating and loose grass in the water. 16' minimum 18' maximum. "Fast" not too important. "Ready to fish" preferable - not looking for a "project" boat. Side or center console (vs. tiller) preferable. Doesn't have to be "pretty" doesn't have to have lots of "bells and whistles" but must be sound and reliable.

Now a few questions:

1. I like the SeaArk 1660MVT but pre-owned ones so far have been "as scarce as hens' teeth". Looking at various other manufacturers' websites having trouble finding/understanding who - other than SeaArk - makes a modified V with a prop tunnel hull. Advice? Recommendations? Suggestions?

2. Jack Plate (no nothing about it): necessary or optional? Advantages disadvantages? Manual or powered?

Thanks in advance for replies. All advice /input appreciated and welcomed.

:WELCOME: aboard!
I hope you find this site as interesting and as helpful as I. Everyone on here is friendly and eager to share their knowledge. :)

Though I do not know anything about salt water fishing, I must comment on your phrase "scarce as hens teeth". :LOL2:

I'm sure there will be someone along that can answer some questions for you. There are some really intelligent fellas on here that will know and give you some good sound advice. Sorry I couldn't be of help.

Good luck! And, again, welcome aboard!
M
Tyler, Texas

Welcome
Just a thought: If you find a boat you are interested in, make it into a tunnel hull.
There are guys on here that have done that and can offer up info. on how to go about it.
The prop tunnel is deeper than a jet tunnel, so just keep that in mind.

TexasLoneStar56 said:
Though I do not know anything about salt water fishing, I must comment on your phrase "scarce as hens teeth". :LOL2:
Hens teeth and chicken lips are both rare commodities these days. :mrgreen:

Latest posts