Offset pedestal?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishjunky

Reaction score
For those that have the offset 3/4 pin pedestal posts...

Do you like them? Not sure if the extra plane of motion is awkward or not.

Threaded vs non threaded? Seems like the threaded would get to a certain spot and you can't move it anymore.

Got two and love them. They feel like they add extra deck space. Not too difficult to get used to, and the benefit is definitely worth it. Makes it possible to lean the bilge cover open where with the straight post, the cover would want to fall closed.

Only issue that I have is that the offset seems to cause extra wear in the plastic bushings at the base. They likely won't last as long as with a standard straight post.

Good luck!

I have one, but am not a fan. The way the seat base (pin mount on bottom of seat) has a slight tilt, it seems like it always wants to pull in that direction.

Had one and liked it. Gives the illusion of more deck space. Will swing you a little if boat rocks side-to-side, found myself having to adjust my seating position more than with conventional straight pedestal post in these conditions. Considering putting one on my new boat.

Thanks. I just realized the threaded bases are 4" instead of 3" below the base too so that would have been an issue.

I made my own unthreaded offset post. I designed it to touch the floor so it didn't move unless I wanted it to. Gives extra leg room on the front deck. Love it.

bought one to use on front deck. do not like, swivels in 2 planes. use it in middle of boat with the seat base pinned to prevent movement up top. would not buy again. only use when i have a 3rd person in boat

Latest posts