Deck help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutyranger

Reaction score
Hi guys. Been reading for awhile. Learned alot and I'm getting ready to put it to use. I've got an early 90's Lowe 1648. Several years ago we put a new 30hp tohatsu on it. When we put it on we were in a warm water area. Between the 4 stroke motor and the full plywood deck, my freeboard was fairly thin. It wasn't an issue at the time cause we were in pretty warm water. Now we're living in a pretty cold water environment (ESPECIALLY during duck season). I'd like to cut weight and get some of that freeboard back. Eventually I'm gonna put a set of pods on the boat. For now, I'm scrapping all the plywood deck and going back in with aluminum. My midships area is cut and almost ready to rivet down. I'm looking for a product to help close some of the gaps on the side, between the ribs. I found this: https://www.trimlok.com/prod/Flap-Seal/Trim-Seals/All-Product-Categories_128/Flap-Seal-Product-Builder_47.aspx
It's exactly what I'm looking for to both pad the edge of the aluminum deck for some of my wiring and also close the gap between the deck and gunnel. Unfortunately this company doesn't have any of the trim with the flap on the side, and they only sell in 125' rolls (roughly $280). I'm looking for a comparable product (1/16 thick material, 3" flap on the end) that I can get in smaller quantities. I only need about 20 or 30 ft. Usually I'm pretty good at finding what I need on the internet, but this one is eluding me. I'm 2.5 hrs from town so checking out home depot or lowes isn't an easy task. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks.

Where you at? I work for a metal fab company and my boss will usually sell whatever you need. And usually discounts scrap super cheap

I'm in northwest wyoming. If you guys have the trim I linked above I'd be more than willing to pay a little plus shipping to get 20 or 30ft of it.

Ok, so I haven't been able to find what I was looking for. I ended up getting some edge guard without the flap and some garage door seal. I think the garage door seal will serve the purpose I want. The center section is pretty basic (flat floor, hinged bow to stern for cleaning and foam replacement) so I didn't take any picture of that. Here's the progress I made on the bow section (hopefully this will work, i'm trying to post it from my phone).