Hatch source

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow $50 bucks for a custom sized aluminum hatch? Sounds like a good deal! Sturdy enough to walk on I'm assuming?

Fantastic price - I indexed that one for my upcoming Tracker III restore project.

That's good to know about the leaking. I'm not concerned too much with dry storage on this project, just places to put things away so they aren't being tripped on or blown out and are sturdy enough to walk on.

fishjunky said:
That's good to know about the leaking. I'm not concerned too much with dry storage on this project, just places to put things away so they aren't being tripped on or blown out and are sturdy enough to walk on.

I had Tempress brand hatches. They were sturdy enough to walk on.

Did you put a bead of caulk along the holes for the mounting screws for the tempress hatches in your boat? I had water shedding from the deck surface under the hatch coming in either through the screw holes or along the cutout, but once I pulled them up and set them back down with a bead of caulk all around I didn't have any issues. I would think you'd need to do this with any drop-in hatch, aluminum or plastic.

onthewater102 said:
Did you put a bead of caulk along the holes for the mounting screws for the tempress hatches in your boat? I had water shedding from the deck surface under the hatch coming in either through the screw holes or along the cutout, but once I pulled them up and set them back down with a bead of caulk all around I didn't have any issues. I would think you'd need to do this with any drop-in hatch, aluminum or plastic.

I did. The way the hatch seals is the problem. It allows water to collect inside the hatch and leak through the rubber gasket.

fishjunky said:
Wow $50 bucks for a custom sized aluminum hatch? Sounds like a good deal! Sturdy enough to walk on I'm assuming?

Yep, the forward anchor locker has a hard time holding paint because I stand on it to fish.

Going to cover it with TuffCoat this winter.

Latest posts