TEXAS MAID Decals???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

I'm supposed to go tomorrow to pick-up a 1960 TEXAS MAID FIESTA on a nice/period shop-built trailer & suitable/running 1960 Mercury OB.
(The Fiesta was made in the late part of that year & 1960 was the end of the FINNED Texas Maid boats.)

Unfortunately someone has repainted the hull & I'm there looking for a source of suitable TEXAS MAID FIESTA decals for the sides, to do a proper refit. - IF any reader knows of such a source, please advise me of the company's information.

yours, satx

You can try here: https://www.vinylapproach.com/replacementboatlogos.htm

Or here:https://www.scout.com/outdoors/fish-sniffer/forums?s=565
On this site look for anglingwes, he custom makes vinyl decals of all kinds.

https://www.garzonstudio.com/boat/texas-maid/1962-texas-maid-boat-decal-set-tahiti-white-blue.html

bobberboy said:
satx,
did you finally find the boat of your dreams? how about some pics?

NOPE. What I'm REALLY "dreaming of" is a "first issue" TEXAS MAID TAHITI, that I'll keep as long as I'm breathing & the will pass on by will to my daughter.
(The early Tahiti was handmade, "off-line" & I don't think that any two that I've ever seen were alike.)

Instead, I found a good quality "using" boat/motor/trailer that will do till the "boat of my dreams" comes along. =====> Once this one is re-modeled, it will be fine for fishing/skiing/general use AND when/if I find a better rig, it will be easy to re-sell at a profit.

As I don't even own a camera, I'll ask my daughter to post photos, once I have it at the house & get it "cleaned up"/painted/re-upholstered. = The Fiesta is a NICE boat.
(I'm VERY impressed with the design, workmanship & current condition of the period/shop-built trailer & may well keep it when/if I sell the Texas Maid. = Whoever built it, "knew what he was about".)

yours, satx :D

bobberboy,

In the "For What It's Worth Department", as best as I can tell from the remaining/fragmentary factory records & "talks with former Texas Maid employees" that:
1. the FIRST Texas Maid Tahiti boats were hand-built at the factory & OFF the assembly line in the Fall of 1957. - I was told in 2005 by a former factory employee that there were NO decals available for the boats, so the first few "graphics" were hand-painted by a local/contracted sign-painter.
(I'm not sure if his "information" is correct or NOT, as he was about 90YO & "a bit vague", when he talked to me.)
2. I cannot tell if any hulls were "officially sold" in 1957 BUT I've seen a boat registration for a Tahiti that was issued in October 1957.
(State boat title/registration records from the 1950s are notoriously flawed.)
3. The first known "official sale" of Tahiti hulls was in the early months of 1958, from a dealer in Dallas County, TX.
and
4. The FIRST Tahiti hulls were sold WITHOUT the aluminum hardtop, as the hardtops weren't yet available.

As you've doubtless guessed, what I actually KNOW about the early years of Texas Maid is far less than what I do NOT know to be fact. = The best thing that I can say for sure about the company's history is that it is mostly composed of a few documented facts & a lot of "SWAG".

yours, satx

Latest posts