Seat pedestal and mount type

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgpjr49

Reaction score
I'm sure this is a really dumb question but I know yall can help me out. Im wanting to add some seats to my boat and I would like to be able to lower them while I'm running the outboard and then raise them up hen I get to my fishing hole. Also I would like to be able to have just the seat mount be able to fit in the deck base so I could use it for driving the main engine. What's the name or description of the boat pedestal seats in looking for? Any help would be greatly appreciated cause I am truly lost in this one.

https://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-ThreePiece-Pedestal-Set/product/1212070202/

This type sounds like what you are asking for. They are called 3/4" pin mounts. The part that attaches to the seat will go into either the pedestal or the base.

Note that they only supposed to be used at 5 mph max, but you will be fine in my opinion if you don't operate the motor with the pedestal in place (seat directly in base would be ok).

I went a few months ago when I got a few days off but the people there were not much help at all and since everything was packages up you couldn't put them together to see what was what so i figured I would ask you guys who have them

lgpjr49,

I am in, some what, the same predicament. I am looking for the same set up as well. I went to Cabela's, and like you, everything is boxed up and the guys in the store couldn't answer my questions. I am going to try some of the local boat dealers around Boise. They may unbox some stuff for me, or throw in some input. I am very leery about the salesmen at the Big Box stores, like Cabela's and Bass Pro. Some know what they are talking about and some are just clueless. I give the local boat guys a try.

Shoe

I bought the same style elsewhere and they are junk. Maybe not for a teenager or child but not for a grown up. I'm about 200lbs and bushings are already cracked.

Latest posts