Link to USCG hull ID # (HIN) database, to identify your hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Need to know what brand boat you just bought? Well, if there is an ID number on the hull - you're in luck!

The first three letters of the 12-digits of the 'HIN' or USCG Hull Identification Number identifies the manufacturer ... provided your hull wears an embossed, molded, stamped/riveted, and/or printed number on the upper right side of the transom.

https://www.uscgboating.org/content/manufacturers-identification.php

Be aware that as older manufacturers may have long gone out of business ... it is quite possible that the HIN# has been re-issued to a new boat brand.

Edit: Typo

I found a lot of discrepancies in that list. For instance Excel Boats. Shows to be based in Clinton, AR. Wrong. Tornado wiped that place off the face of the earth, there is nothing left of it but concrete. It is now (and has been) based out of Utah. I know this because I was looking at buying a house in that particular area. Friend of mine lived outside Clinton, about 2 miles from the boat factory. I stayed at his house while he was gone for work the night the tornado destroyed a lot of the town.

Latest posts