Transducer mounting question? Jon and pontoon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KCBizzy

Reaction score
Hey there, new to TinBoats and wanted to start of with a question. Wanting to put fishfinders on my pontoon boat and jon. I have seen a lot of different ways people have mounted them on both these types of craft. I understand where to mount. I would just like to get an opinion on the best way to mount a transducer onto a jon boat (I have a 12' alumacraft, purchased brand new a few months ago). I have seen they have stern savers that just glue onto the back of the transom that doesnt require any drilling. These a good option? Im looking for something very sturdy and reliable, not looking for the cheap way. People usually put a spacer between the ducer and the hull, is this to avoid contact with the aluminum?

Also have a question about my pontoon boat. I do not have a trailer for it at all so pulling it out of my slip is not possible. So can not mount the ducer to the rear plates on the pontoons. My question is can I get a very long hose clamp and simply clamp the transducer directly to the bottom of one of the pontoons, clamp going all the way around. would clamp it halfway down on the right pontoon to avoid getting damaged. I do not have a lift so that wouldnt be an issue. Would use some sort of galvanized or plated clamp so it wouldnt rust.

Any help would be appreciated! thanks

Hi Bizzy, :WELCOME: to Tin Boats.
Please complete your profile when you have time.
Knowing what part of the country you hail from helps
us give you more accurate information.

There are literally hundreds of threads on how to do just that.
try using the search feature.

the 3/4" white plastic spacer is to limit the amount of holes drilled to mount the ducer.
in my world, if i were to try to put a clamp around a pontoon, I would put a few wraps
of black electrical tape around the pontoon then the clamp on top of that to prevent
metal on metal contact.

PHOTOS - will help us help you better

jus my Dos Centavos

Latest posts