Dang it ... they be multiplying ... !

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
:shock:

Let's see, I started out in tin boats, bought frp hulls up to 25' and rigged it for toona, even rebuilt a few here and there, plus bought a few 'project tins' and rigged them up and sold at a good to hefty profit ... and now I've come full circle back to just tinnies again.

But 3? Man, I started out this year with 1, then got another ... and now this one followed me home! An older 12' Starcraft, but in really great shape! It only had one leak, which already been fixed since I now have my own tools to set solid rivets.

Not too bad for $150, huh? Complete with a good set or oars, oar locks, anchor and rode. Sweet!

So ... how many do I really need ... :?: ? Nah, nevermind ... :p

Attachments

• Skiff02.jpg
    Skiff02.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 499
  • Skiff01.jpg
    Skiff01.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 499
LOL and my life span travels the same road. Except I started out in wood.
then fiberglass then tin.

Just this afternoon, I went and looked at a 1958 Borum wood cruiser, 14'
with the original 1958 Evinrude. Has not been on the water since 1980.
Been in a barn ever since (35 years). the hull is SOLID and the stringers are SOLID.
Bottom has fiberglass coating and bottom paint that is peeling.
Original trailer with the original Baby Moon hubcaps.
all of it needs a total restoration - stem to stern.

I am so torn over this one !!! very solid platform to work with. BUT - I do not have
a garage or workshop that is required to even start . . . .
Borum.jpg
the bottom line is - - - $100.00 and it's mine.
LOL I know I could part out the motor and trailer for a lot more than that.
but still, this vintage lady needs to be kept alive. I just feel so bad that it
is the wrong time for me now. and yes, it has all the papers to go with it.
https://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/5144500921.html

oh, I sold my 12' Sears today . . the guy that bought it brought his friend over
to help load it. He calls himself a professional "boat flipper" lol....
buys cheap, puts on some lipstick and patches holes, then sells it for a handsome profit.
LOL my problem is - I have a hard time letting them go LOL

Dang man!! :shock: I pick that baby up if I was stationed in FLA. That would be an awesome restore. Could you imagine all the looks you get with her? And those Baby Moon's.....classic. BJ, you got to get ya a shed or something to work in.

Barefoot_Johnny said:
Dale, on the green boat, it looks pretty solid and not needing much. You have any plans yet ? LOL or just put it in your "stock pile" and get to it after you finish your OTHER projects.
She's so solid that I just gave the bottom a quick scuff and painting AF paint on her (as she'll be at a saltwater dock) and she goes in this weekend! Even water-tested her by filling her full of thw water and while 2 rivets 'weeped' ... with my new collection of rivet setting tools, that took but seconds to fix, haha!

She'll replace that 12' Sears skiff I had, that is now for sale ... , so I'm putting an 8hp on this just to have something handy at my boatclub dock and something small that I can introduce my '2 new girls' to for their entry into the world of boating :D .

Latest posts