three new boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverad04

Reaction score
Found a good deal on the two tins you see in the below pictures, they need a little work. The lady I bought them from threw in the Glass boat as well. Three boats, 2 old trolling motors and a trailer for $260. She didn't have titles for the trailer, and the two tins, so I don't know yet if I'm going to fix them up, or scrap them. Hopefully I can get the titles, but does anyone know what make/model the two tins are? The bigger one is 16 foot, and smaller one on the ground is a 14. No identification plates that I can find anywhere. My goal for the Glass boat is to do a budget refurb, and find a 30-45 hp motor for cheap. LMK what you guys got. :D

The trailer is an easy fix. If you can get a bill of sale from the woman you can register the trailer in Maine for 40 bucks. I'm betting the two tin boats were never titled if you can see the registration #s whatever agency in your state can probably trace them back to the last owner and then issue new titles.

Steve A W said:
Can the dept. of natural resources run the old
registration numbers for You?
I tried asking the DMV and HW Patrol, they both treated me like I had stole the boats.
HarryO60 said:
The trailer is an easy fix. If you can get a bill of sale from the woman you can register the trailer in Maine for 40 bucks. I'm betting the two tin boats were never titled if you can see the registration #s whatever agency in your state can probably trace them back to the last owner and then issue new titles.
They have been registered, but the DMV is telling me I have to get a court order to register them now because she never paid taxes on them... #-o

Update;

built a hoist in my garage to move boat off of trailer onto jacks this weekend. I got to tearing out the floor(like cardboard), and saw a couple little white bugs!!! #-o. I immediately placed it back on a trailer and hauled to the curb until I can figure out what to do with the boat. I only had the boat in my garage for one day, and im hoping if they are termites they didn't get into my house!

Silverad04 said:
They have been registered, but the DMV is telling me I have to get a court order to register them now because she never paid taxes on them... #-o

Grind the serial numbers off, go get it weighed, and register it as a home built.

I had no registration or title for my trailer. BMV just wanted a weigh ticket and a length, and then made me a new registration.

I don't know about there but here in TN, you pay the taxes BEFORE you can register. Regardless, good buy on those tins!

I found a deal to good to pass up...
1969 starcraft 14' w/ 1997 15hp 4stroke evinrude

lugoismad said:
Silverad04 said:

Grind the serial numbers off, go get it weighed, and register it as a home built.

I had no registration or title for my trailer. BMV just wanted a weigh ticket and a length, and then made me a new registration.

sounds to me like that's just begging for an investigation if checked.

contact the dept of revenue, they will find who titled it last and be able to start you off in the right direction.

The 3-seat tinny looks exactly like my '68 Richline 10-footer. Care to post a pick of the transom brace?

Roger

GTS225 said:
The 3-seat tinny looks exactly like my '68 Richline 10-footer. Care to post a pick of the transom brace?

Roger
It actually doesn't have a brace. I think the 16 footer is a richline judging from other pictures I've seen.

Well, the corner caps on the transom sure look right, the seat design looks like mine, the oarlocks are in the right place, the hull stiffening members in the bow, placed at angles are also the same as mine, and the angled transom carry handles are the same. The seats are one-piece, folded sheet, and riveted into the hull, right?

Roger

GTS225 said:
Well, the corner caps on the transom sure look right, the seat design looks like mine, the oarlocks are in the right place, the hull stiffening members in the bow, placed at angles are also the same as mine, and the angled transom carry handles are the same. The seats are one-piece, folded sheet, and riveted into the hull, right?

Roger
welllllll....the seats look as though they used to be. Right now their about 200 pieces... :shock:

Silverad04 said:
welllllll....the seats look as though they used to be. Right now their about 200 pieces... :shock:
********************************************************************************

:LOL2: You'll have that if you get a touch too carried away with a drill and sawzall. Just leave your fingers attached, OK?

Take pics!

Roger

GTS225 said:
Silverad04 said:
********************************************************************************

:LOL2: You'll have that if you get a touch too carried away with a drill and sawzall. Just leave your fingers attached, OK?

Take pics!

Roger
LOL, no its just rotted out

Latest posts