AUTHENTIC BOAT DECAL SOURCE and a NICE GUY!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

Based on a tip from one of our fine members, I contacted 3-4 "sources" for the "period correct" restoration decals for my "new to me" 1961 finned TEXAS MAID FIESTA 16-foot utility hull.

One person, from one of the 3-4 firms, actually called me from: https://www.vinylapproach.com = "MARK" said that he will make me a pair of EXACT & DIE-CUT copies of the correct Texas Maid Fiesta for FIFTY BUCKS a pair, if I send him a tracing or a detailed drawing of what I want..
(That's CHEAP for custom work.)

Fwiw, I'm simply passing on information. - I have NO affiliation with his company EXCEPT "soon to be" paying customer.

yours, satx

TexasLoneStar56,

NO SUCH LUCK. = The place where the boat is has a padlock & chain on the gates & they won't let me cut the lock/chain (He can't find the key & said, "I'll look for it when I have time.") & replace one/both, so it's still just "stored". = The actual property owner is NOT the boat's previous owner; instead he's the PO's cousin.

Also, I've found the ONLY known/surviving 23 foot THREE RIVERS RENEGADE & cannot find anyone (living) from the family that owned it to even sign a Bill of Sale. = Getting a TX title on an untitled boat is a real PITA.
(IF this wasn't such a GREAT/historic/rare boat, I wouldn't bother with it.)

HOW DO I KEEP GETTING INTO THESE MESSES???

yours, satx

Latest posts