need help with mountting a bow tm on jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oh-bass614

Reaction score
hi, im new but i am purchasing a tracker 1436 this week and i need some info on what i need to do to mount a bow trolling motor on the bow thanks in advace..
https://www.trackerboats.com/boat/forum/images.cfm?boat=2864 theres a pic of the boat

you have a few options, Not sure how keen you are on modifying your new boat but here goes.

You can have a plate welded on (the size of the trolling motor mount) and then attach the motor to that.

You can build a wooden block/deck to the same level as the boat top fro the front space and attach it there.

Or you can buy a bulldog:

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0056197019615a&type=product&cmCat=froogle&cm_ven=data_feed&cm_cat=froogle&cm_pla=0250201&cm_ite=0056197019615a

If your buying this boat new you may want to consider going wider. If you will be decking it, wider is better for stability. My 2 cents.

Dave

Jim said:
Or you can buy a bulldog:

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0056197019615a&type=product&cmCat=froogle&cm_ven=data_feed&cm_cat=froogle&cm_pla=0250201&cm_ite=0056197019615a
Yuk. A Motorguide.....

seaarc said:
If your buying this boat new you may want to consider going wider. If you will be decking it, wider is better for stability. My 2 cents.

Dave

Good point. If you're buying it from a dealership I'm sure they'll be more than happy to mount the tm and wire it for you.

I don't mean to be rude, but I agree with seearc. I just bought a used 1436 a few days ago, and I'm going to sell it. I took it out yesterday, and it is pretty tippy.

Andy Taylor said:
I don't mean to be rude, but I agree with seearc. I just bought a used 1436 a few days ago, and I'm going to sell it. I took it out yesterday, and it is pretty tippy.

Andy,
That is not being rude!, you are just giving your input! I'm sure if has not purchased the boat he would want solid experience/input. :beer:

HAHAHAHA You guys are pretty funny. I've got a 2006 Tracker Topper 1436 that I've been using for 3 summers now and no one has gone in the water yet, even though it's been close. :D Yes it's a little tipsy, but you just can't go making super fast moves when you're standing up. Altough I have seen it done, I wouldn't put on a full fledged casting deck unless you fish by yourself or the person in back does not stand up or move much! I put wood floors in mine and that has helped with the stability a lot by putting weight at the bottom of the boat. Also make sure to put your batteries directly in the middle of the boat, which helps a lot too.

Concerning the mounting plate, I went through the different options; welding on a plate, making something out of wood, or getting the Bullydog. I finally went with making something out of wood. I cut 3 pieces of 2x4 to fit on the front deck part and under the bow lip. Attached them with L brackets and then mounted a piece of carpeted plywood to the top of them and screwed it into the 2x4 and into the front lip. I'll get picture of my rig up in the next couple days so you can see. It was easy to do and only took about 2 hours. Now I'm just waiting on my quick release bracket to come in so I can mount the TM!

Latest posts