Jon Boat seat mount??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckhunter11

Reaction score
I am looking for a seat mount for my 12ft jon boat. I have used the clamp style ones from walmart and they don't hold for anything. I found some on ebay that use straps and I would like to know if anyone have ever used this type of mount?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jon-Boat-Seat-Mount-/221823088575?hash=item33a5afb7bf&vxp=mtr

Welcome!
If you aren't afraid to drill a couple holes in the boat bench seat, the clamp on seat mounts will work fine.
You need to make some type of bracket for both the front and back bottom of the rods that clamp onto the bench, and then screw it into the bench so the seat can't move. If you have the space, and already have the clamp on bases, why not just add a strap to them?
I fished out of a 14' deep V with secured clamp on seats and never had a problem.
BUT; was fishing out of a friends boat with clamp on seats that were UNSECURED, guess how I came up with my screen name!!!! :roll: #-o

Latest posts