Dale H

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirroman

Reaction score
Dale H, could you recommend a web site to download an OEM Mercury service manual. I checked a bunch an most offer Clymers or Seloc. I've replaced the water pump impeller in a 87' Merc 15 hp two stroke and am having a hard time getting the lower unit reinstalled. When I try to turn the prop shaft to install the main shaft into the flywheel the prop shaft just turns clockwise and clicks, will not turn counter clockwise and main shaft does not turn. My Clymers is just junk!

It wasn't that or boats site, but i found it on-line by putting my exact model number into a Foogle search like "model# PDF service manual" and it came up. It could have been this site - https://www.readmanual.com/outboard.motors/mercury/

Dale H, a huge thank you, that was the site and I now have it downloaded to my hard drive. The OEM manual is so much better at explaining procedures, I see what I failed to do on the reinstall, simple fix. For only $5.95 I'm back in business! Again, thank you.

skiffing, thank you as well for your information, just was not the right site but the thought was there!

I love this tinboat site, great folks. =D>

Latest posts