New Suzuki review?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddywaders

Reaction score
Still waiting for a review of the new 25/30 hp efi Suzuki.Searched the net and could only find one unbiased(not a sales rep)test.Something with power and weight of a three cylinder two stroke but uses less fuel may justify the price of a new motor.Jury still out?

I don't know. Look decent on paper. I look mostly at the 25. It comes factory rigged with a 10" pitch prop. Max RPM 6300. Lower unit 2.09. So at 6300 RPM with a 2.09 foot, you're looking at around 28 mph. Nothing to scream about, exactly the same as a Yamaha which is a LOT cheaper. And simpler. We shall see if Yamaha ever introduces a replacement for their current 25. I am told one is coming but I've been told the same thing for over 3 years now and tired of waiting. And one things' for sure. I'm not going to drop a bunch of money on a new outboard to find out that it's either not reliable, sluggish, or both and then some.

I like the fact that it's 3 cylinder. Less vibration than a twin cylinder. And generally speaking more torque.

Latest posts