Heavy Duty Boat Cover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plarsen111

Reaction score
Hi,

Bought a 16 foot jet with outboard motor on it. It came with a heavy-duty boat cover that covers both the boat and motor.

I am having trouble finding another heavy duty cover that does both. Any suggestions on where I can buy such a thing? Is there a website out there I don't know about?

If necessary, I can forgo covering the motor with the same cover and just buy a separate cowling cover, but would prefer it did both.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Phil

Try calling companies that do custom canvas work. Companies like that exist. Look for companies that make covers for dump trucks, hose bed's covers for fire trucks, RV covers, etc. A internet search helps, and the good ole' Yellowpages still does wonders. I have found companies using the Yellowpages that were hard to find on the net. May have to tow the boat in to get it fitted and measured. Cost will depend on material and labor.

plarsen111 said:
Hi,

Bought a 16 foot jet with outboard motor on it. It came with a heavy-duty boat cover that covers both the boat and motor.

I am having trouble finding another heavy duty cover that does both. Any suggestions on where I can buy such a thing? Is there a website out there I don't know about?

If necessary, I can forgo covering the motor with the same cover and just buy a separate cowling cover, but would prefer it did both.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Phil

Hello Phil-

We are BoatCoversDirect, a sponsor of the TinBoats forum.

We do offer some boat covers which feature attached covers for your outboard motor. However, most of our jet boat covers are made for inboard motors. What is your boats year, make and model? I will be happy to see if we can offer you something that will cover the boat and motor in one piece.

Thank you
Jessica with Covers Direct
1-866-626-8377
[email protected]
https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/

Hi Jessica with BoatCoversDirect,

I have a 2000 Lowe R1655TN. I am not 100% sure on the year, but pretty sure.

Please let me know if it can be done. It does not need to be a perfect fit, but I do need it to stay on in high winds and keep the snow and water out to an extent. It does NOT need to be a travel cover...we just live in a high wind area.

Thanks!

Phil

plarsen111 said:
Hi Jessica with BoatCoversDirect,

I have a 2000 Lowe R1655TN. I am not 100% sure on the year, but pretty sure.

Please let me know if it can be done. It does not need to be a perfect fit, but I do need it to stay on in high winds and keep the snow and water out to an extent. It does NOT need to be a travel cover...we just live in a high wind area.

Thanks!

Phil

Hello Phil-

Thank you for your information! Is this Lowe the same boat you refer to in the original post? Our cover for this boat comes with an attached outboard motor cover. Here is a link to the cover on our site:

https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/products/boat_covers/_256/ROUGHNECK_R1655_TN_32407/

This cover is listed for 2006-2007. However, it is a styled to fit cover for an open jon style boat with outboard motor, like the drawing pictured on that page. This cover is made for the type of open jon boat which has no consoles or other interior items that protrude above the gunnel, other than your seats. This cover is made for a boat up to 16'6". I have looked your boat up for 2000, and I cannot find much information. I do see that some of these models have consoles, however. If possible, can you take a look at the boat pictured (without the cover) at the above link, and let me know if this represents your style? If not, what is different about your boat?

If you would like to get this cover, and possibly need it with the motor cover unattached, we should be able to do this. We would just need a bit of information on the motors configuration.

This cover comes with a shock cord sewn into its hem, which is tight like a bungee. This is made to come down and snug about 3-6" below the rubrail. The cover has loops sewn into its hem one every 2-3' so you can secure the cover to the boat. Straps are included which will work well for storage on a trailer. The cover is trailerable with the use of these straps.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the cover. I am more than happy to help you! You will receive 10% off our online prices for contacting us off the forum.

Thank you
Jessica with Covers Direct
[email protected]
1-866-626-8377
Monday-Friday 9-5 Eastern Time
2013-crestliner-storm17.jpg

Latest posts