16' Jungle Jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hcsdchief

Reaction score
Here is my 16' flat bottom. I finished putting the carpet in and mounting the front seat. I was going to use a removable pedestal on the front deck, but I had this one left over from my last boat, so I figured I would use this one for a while. I bought this boat, trailer and motor for $500.00. Thought I got a pretty good deal. The motor is a 1978 Johnson 35 hp, model # 35EL78R, and really pushes this boat through the water. The lower unit case needs to be replaced. There is a weld on it that was leaking oil. I used some all powerful JB weld and it doesn't seem to be leaking anymore, but I would feel better if it was replaced. If anybody has a lower unit case for this motor or knows were I can get a used one, please let me know.
I didn't get to fancy on this boat, I'm going to add two more seats and a fish finder, but thats about it. Maybe some lights.
I may also put carpet and plywood on the sides, can't decide yet. Wanted to do alot more to this boat, but I also needed to get it on the water, summers slip'n by and I need to fish.
mini-100_3109.jpg
mini-100_3115.jpg
mini-100_3210.jpg
mini-100_3209.jpg
mini-100_3309.jpg
mini-100_3312.jpg
mini-100_3314.jpg
mini-100_3317.jpg
mini-100_3318.jpg
mini-100_3313.jpg
mini-100_3315.jpg
mini-100_3316.jpg
mini-100_3319.jpg

Also, I thought the paint job would be something different, it should stand out in a crowd.

pretty good deal. i would do something about the lower unit though eventualy, jb weld might rip right off at speed, i have had bad luck with jb weld. maybe just get it welded.
https://www.outboardexchange.com/lower_unit.html cheapest i can find maybe check ebay.

heavy-chevy said:
pretty good deal. i would do something about the lower unit though eventualy, jb weld might rip right off at speed, i have had bad luck with jb weld. maybe just get it welded.
https://www.outboardexchange.com/lower_unit.html cheapest i can find maybe check ebay.

it is welded, the weld just leaks a little. Thats why i put the JB weld on it. Still going to have it replaced or maybe just rewelded ... is that a word? Going to try and take the green paint of the motor as well and take it back to white.

yea i would try to add more weld in place of jb weld. idk what kind of metal it is though. if its mostly magnesium, which i think it is, a weld wouldn't really penetrate, but its still better then jb weld. and yea it will look much better in white.

Could always just camo the motor with the darker green...the fish will never see ya.The boat is looking good.

With a motor of that year you could find a lower unit for a good price at the antique outboard website. Just post a wanted ad under the webvertise section..

https://www.aomci.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Latest posts