Livewell valve and pump

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super_dork

Reaction score
I've currently got 2 livewells that automatically fill when the boat is in the water and when these 2 valves are manually opened. The valves are controlled with a cable like a bicycle shifter cable. The cables seem to be stuck and the location of the valves in the stern hatch makes it difficult to really to a lot of work on them or to even manually use pliers to open and close them when on the water. I was wondering what other options exist and how I could go about changing the valves into maybe electric pumps that I can use to fill and/or drain the wells. I also have aerator pumps that I think spray water into the wells when I flip the switch on. I haven't had the boat on the water to test everything, but I did notice that the water levels were quite low when I have the valves open and was sitting at the dock. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how these are supposed to work - are the wells topped off by the aerator or will then only fill to a set level based on how low the boat is sitting in the water?

So, basically I want to know if I can change out the valves and/or the aerator pumps and have put in some kind of pump that will fill and empty the wells.

is it possible to get a camera into the areas you are concerned with?
Photos might help the gallery here for a more educated response.

The 1648 bass boat I bought last year needed a total plumbing overhaul.
Had to take a lot of stuff apart to get the live well tubs out in order
to replace the fixtures, run new hoses, new spray rail and connect new pumps.
You may have the similar nightmare - or least a bad dream of getting what you
have to operate correctly.

jus my Dos Centavos

In a boat with a bilge I found a crack near a live well outlet pump(supply to well side) that caused insufficient flow.
An improper winterisation (sp.)was suspect.

Latest posts