Which color green for my jon?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob the hat

Reaction score
I've been had before in the past where the color 'on' the can didn't begin to match the color 'in' the can. Where can I find jon boat pictures that have been repainted with the name and color of the paint stated? I don't want to guess and hope.

Thank you.

Bob

Bob, I found this boat on my C/L and went to look at it.
the guy did an awesome job prepping and painting his boat.
I asked what paint he used and he said Duralux aluminum boat green. @ $40 a quart.
https://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/5161239170.html
Dura-Green.jpg

So, I guess it boils down to what you will pay for the quality and consistency that you expect.

Fluorescent-Green.gif

No?

Google search the brand and color of paint and see what comes up. Also have to remember that what your screen displays may not be the same in real life.

Barefoot_Johnny said:
Bob, I found this boat on my C/L and went to look at it.
the guy did an awesome job prepping and painting his boat.
I asked what paint he used and he said Duralux aluminum boat green. @ $40 a quart.
https://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/5161239170.html

So, I guess it boils down to what you will pay for the quality and consistency that you expect.

Thanks for the link, John. That's exactly what I was asking for. Pictures of a boat along with the brand name and color of the paint used. Now I know approximately what 'aluminum boat green' by Duralux looks like and it's not the color green I'm after. So I can take that particular product off my list. Thank you.

I'd like to find more of a brownish green if I can. The paint that Cabelas is selling (By Parker) looks interesting (for duck boats). I think it's called 'hunter green'. It would be interesting seeing a picture of a boat that's been painted with that or others. I did a search and didn't come up with much. Maybe someone else with better searching skills than I can find some pictures.

Much appreciated!

Run by any paint store (Sherwin Williams, Ben Moore, etc) and take a look at the color rack. Pick out what you like and have it mixed in oil based.

Bob today is your lucky day. I just painted my boat in parkers hunter green. I'll try and get a picture some time for you.

Now, SumDumGuy's color choice gets a hearty "second!" by me. That will surely get you noticed, and keep you from getting run over at night.

Roger

GTS225 said:
Now, SumDumGuy's color choice gets a hearty "second!" by me. That will surely get you noticed, and keep you from getting run over at night.

Roger
+1

Duralux>Dead Grass Green.
I painted a 1654 Tracker GRIZZLEY with it, and it is brownish.
Look under overboards build, there are pics. there.

overboard said:
Duralux>Dead Grass Green.
I painted a 1654 Tracker GRIZZLEY with it, and it is brownish.
Look under overboards build, there are pics. there.

Thank you, overboard!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1439666616671.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439666616671.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2,758
  • uploadfromtaptalk1439666640375.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439666640375.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 2,758
Don't get the Parker paint from cabelas if you go that route, don't know about shipping but straight from Parker it's like 20 bucks cheaper.

Latest posts