Trolling motor/Batt Position

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverLife

Reaction score
Hello all!

In the process of setting up my new to me boat. I will see if I can shoot a few pics and post them later.

It is a Lowe Big Jon 1448 Mod V with a 15hp Merc

I put a carpeted floor in it and got her all cleaned up and sitting on top of a new trailer. Right now I just unboxed a new Minn Kota Traxxis 55lb thrust trolling motor that is going to mount to the transom. I have a new Dekka battery and box.

My question is where is the best place to put the battery and what is the proper position to put the trolling motor for trailering?

I run a 1648 with a transom mount trolling motor. My batteries (2) for the trolling motor are in my center seat for weight distribution. The picture shows how I stow the trolling motor when I trailer. I do slide the height adjustment clamp down against the mount when I tow. I have the position marked with electric tape around the shaft. I have towed thousands of miles with no problem.

Attachments

• Trailer Lites e.jpg
    Trailer Lites e.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 535
Thanks gillhunter you have a nice boat there!

My boat looks just like yours. I actually have the motor sitting like that now and thought that position would be ok for towing. Just needed a little reassurance.

How did you do the carpet on the bench seats?

Thanks. I carpeted over 1/2" plywood and attached them to the seats with SS screws. You can see the detail in the link below my signature.

Latest posts