thru hull aerator air locks

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobessary

Reaction score
okay guys ive tried everything i can think of and i cant figure out how to get my aerator pump to stop airlocking i mounted the pump thru the rear of the boat and the end of the pump is always underwater when im on the lake and the hose runs to the livewell uphill like its supposed to but i always have to pale water into the livewell to get the pump to start working and then that brings on the second problem is that when i get the water up the pump inlet level the water starts to syphen(not sure if thats how you spell that) out of the livewell can anyone help me with a better design or do you know any fixes for this that im missing

Where is your drain and what configuration is it in?

If it is directly in the bottom, you need a standpipe a hair shorter than where your inlet is. That way it won't siphon back out the inlet (or overflow into your boat).

if i am reading this right, i take it your pump is in yur livewell?
if that is the case I would get a through the hull pump that munts in the back of te boat and run you fill line to the top of your well that should solve both your problems

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21276-cat601337-cat21306&rid=&indexId=cat21306&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=2&parentType=index&parentId=cat21306&id=0037795

this ppump mounts thru the transom

Wayne

ill take some pictures of where the pump is but it is out of the rear of the boat with a hose ran up to the top of the livewell. i think i figure something out of how to stop the syphoning problem but as far as the airlock i cant figure that out maybe ill just try a different pump or something but this is the second kind of pump that ive put on there and the other one did the same

Latest posts