New project 1980 Lowe.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacobwitc87

Reaction score
Hello all, I thought I would post some pictures of my new to me project boat. It came with about a million holes to be filled. Everything is going well as planned. I originally wanted to deck it and do the whole 9 yards with electronics and switches but the cost I just cannot justify right now. So I decided to take the classic simple looking route. Colors will be international harvester white and red. I did a paint test on the bow plate and it seems to be holding up well over the self etching primer. Thanks for all the good info on the forum. I've learned allot from the good people on here. I will probably post a final picture when it's done. Oh btw, I left Lowe 4 messages inquiring about a new capacity plate and no phone call back. Anyone else have issues with that? Sorry the pictures are sideways, kinda hard to do on the iPhone, no computer. Also I've been waiting about a month for the PA title and registration, is that normal. Seems to me the boat I built a few years ago I had it in about 2 weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 529
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 529
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 529
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 529
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 529
Nice! I'm doing a 1974 Lowe, looks very similar to yours.

Looks like the middle seat has been removed, or it never had one.

Also, did you fill in the handles on the bow cover?

Yea the middle seat was removed. Whoever did it actually put buck rivets in, or whatever you call them, the good ones. And yes I filled in the handle because it was all chipped and broken. I'm using that implement paint from tractor supply. That's what you see on the bow cover that cream white. I also removed the rear boxes that held flotation. The foam was already gone. I'm not concerned about floatation, the biggest lake I'm on is behind my house and it's only 75 acres. Rarely run an outboard and if I do it's a 6 horse. Mostly electric lakes only that kinda thing. Rarely I will go to the Susquehanna river up here in northeast Pa.

Oh and it's rated for a 35 surprisingly. We did throw a 25 Chrysler on her just for the fun of it when I got it. Never quite got up on plane but it moved! It's truly a blessing living on water, being able to fish everyday has been amazing. And this little 14 footer is a huge step up from my 1236. I'm glad I didn't go with the tracker 1436 that's been calling my name for so long. I think for $350 this was a good deal. But anyone have trouble getting through to the "Lowe compliance guy"? I'm getting tired of leaving messages. All I need is a plate. I would think customer service would be a little better but oh well.

I think when you change title in ps they tell you it can take up to 7 weeks. I had some take that long and others that were back in 2 weeks or so.
The capacity plate you have to fill out a forum that has a bunch of info about the boat I can't remember if I picked up the forum at a notary or printed it out.