floor mats?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake

Reaction score
I am planning a duck hunt this fall and don't want to mess up my pretty carpet. Is there something cheap I can use as a floor mat? Doesn't have to be camo, but I'd prefer it.

:LMFAO: That's funny right there

Here in Florida, 99% of the time I launch my boat in lakes that have a dock .
there are only one or two places that I launch on a river without a dock.
And those places have beachlike white sand, no mud, clay or rocks.
LOL so I don't have to worry about tracking dirt into my pretty boat.

I'd get marine vinyl and would spray camo it if needed. It is tough stuff, is extremely lightweight, will last a long time and can simply be picked up to remove from the boat to rinse or wash off. Check out Defender Marine in CT, FAST shipping too!

You might need to add a small pressure treated ballister to sit down on each edge to hold it in place, or some other simple method, but I'm sure you can rig that part up.

If you're looking for marine vinyl the best place I've found is Joann Fabrics - they get $18 / yard but they usually have a coupon available for anywhere between 30-60% off.

richg99 said:
Here you go. $15.00 and already camo'ed for you.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/UST-10-ft-x-12-ft-Camouflage-Tarp-TP1012-12/202886113

regards, richg99
I don't know if you have ever been duck hunting but you defiantly don't want a tarp on the floor of you boat while hunting.

I second either making a second set of decks, or just plan on either cleaning well or replacing after your hunt. Where I hunt we have some nasty mucky mud that will swallow you up to your hips, sometimes your on all fours to get through it. Needless to say boats get pretty dirty.

I think mats would alleviate some of this, but it will find a way onto the carpet.

Latest posts