Looking at buying this G3 1648lw *pics* how much $$$?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minicuda

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting an 03 g3 1648lw with galvanized trailer. they want 1995.00 is that a decent price? I have a 6 horse mercury will that be to little power for this boat?

g31648lw.jpg

g3front.jpg

g3inside.jpg

g3side.jpg

Waterwings said:
Looks to be a nice rig! Are all of the accessories shown in the pics coming with it? Go to this link https://www.nadaguides.com/default....&m=0680&y=2003&ml=G&gc=mr&gtc=MR&d=1600072791 and click on anything the boat may have then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the button to see the price. I believe, but not sure, that the prices (value) include the trailer, and posssibly the a motor.
yes all accessories are incuded. the nadguide says 1100 is the value of this boat for just the hull no trailer or accessories.

imho, the price they want sounds decent. I'd check the wheel bearings on the trailer, plus the bunks (for dryrot), and other "stuff"(problems) that are not readily visible to the eye. What type of depth/fish finder is mounted on it? Do you see any evidence (screw/bolt holes) that it once might have had a front trolling motor? Tires in good shape, as in not dryrotted or worn unevenly? Just a few questions that come to mind at the moment.

With all you extra's this doesn't look to be a bad deal! I'd offer them $1700 and work my way up from there if you are interested. Good luck!

It even has a fuel tank and battery box but no motor. :?:

Looks like a Lowrance unit. It also looks like the transducer has been cut off of it. There is a cable but I don't see a transducer. If it's mounted under the hull.. somebody screwed up.

A 6 horse will move the boat but don't expect to go anywhere in a hurry.

Your 6 hp might be big enough for a kicker, but I wouldn't expect to see more than 2.5 mph out of that rig. Maybe a tad more with low pitch prop, but not past trolling speeds.

Thanks for all the quick replies. What size outboard should i look at getting and what should i expect to pay?

minicuda said:
Thanks for all the quick replies. What size outboard should i look at getting and what should i expect to pay?

Use the 6hp a couple of times first, and then you can guage what you want/need. What is the max allowed on that boat?

The 1648s are rated for a 25HP. I agree with Jim though. Give you hp a try and then go from there unless your thinking using it for a trade and working it in to the amount of new boat.

Quackrstackr said:
G3_Guy said:
The 1648s are rated for a 25HP.

That's surprising. I guess it is a flat bottom instead of a mod V, though.
yes flat bottom and it is rated at 25. if i get it i probably would put a console in it could take it a little higher than 25horse but probably never would.

I went and looked at the boat today. It is a sweet rig in new condition. The trailer is spotless good bearings great tires. They will give me 600 trade in for my 6hp mercury. they have a 25hp nissan for 800 that would require a console and controls. I want to install a cosole anyways so i may trade in the 6 and go for the nissan or get a brand new 25hp efi mercury tiller for 2400. but i am purchasing the boat for sure put 200.00 down to hold untill i can get up there to get it.

brought my boat home today. went and purchased 4 sheets of 1/2" ply and big ol stack of 2x2's it is on now! hope to be on the water by monday probably unrealistic but a man can dream =D>

Latest posts