1957-58 TEXAS MAID FALCON DECALS???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

Do any of you have one of the FIRST Texas Maid aluminum runabouts? OR even a GOOD QUALITY color photo of either side, that clearly shows the decals that were used on the first Texas Maid boats?
(The "long decals" of the sort used later in production after 01JAN59 were NOT the same color/design as the pre-1959 hulls. - Unfortunately, the photos, that I've found, and show the design are NOT clear enough to have replicas made from them.)

YEP, I've found yet another 14foot Utility Runabout on a suitable trailer, which is rather rare after 57 years, especially given that the "quite basic" UTILITY/FISHING hulls were NEVER numerous. = The serial number is 290, so it's quite early in the run, being either a late 1957 or early 1958. - The little utility is essentially "stock" condition, as it has been stored indoors since it was new.
Once cleaned up, polished & registered, it will be powered by a 1958 Johnson "Super Quiet" 35HP outboard.

THANKS for your help, in advance, satx

Hey Tex, can you post a photo of what you found
that will fit your requirements ? Even if it is not of good quality,
just something to look at to see what we should be looking for.

the '58 Johnson 30/35 motor is my favorite.
I just love the looks of it and the style and color sets it apart
from other motors of that period. (IMO).

REALLY looking forward to see it completed !!!

Barefoot_Johnny,

THANKS for your response. = ALL that I can tell from the black & white photos on https://www.fiberglassics.con library is that the trademark on the FLACON isn't the "long decal" used after 01JAN59.

The possibly "good news" is that Mr. Phil Dill, former owner of "Phi-Dill Boats, Inc." near Lake Dallas is retired but alive & well & MAY have some photos of the Falcon from his "personal files". = I talked to his nephew about 15 minutes ago & he said that Mr. Dill will get back to me.

THANKS AGAIN, satx

Latest posts