Ordered a new MV1648 NCS

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomme boy

Reaction score
Went an ordered a new Alumacraft MV1648 NCS yesterday. Already had them order the bolt on Alumacraft trolling motor mount for the front. Have to order some rivnuts for the seat bases and the t-mount.

This is going to be my new catfish rig. I have not decided if I am going to build a rack for the rod holders or just bolt them to the rear seat and pods. Or get some weldable mounts and weld them to the gunnel.

Anyone have pics of how they set their boat up?

Wide open. Flush 3/4 pedestal seat mounts to drop the seat right in the pin hole while driving or put my post in while sitting and fishing. Dry box in the center not bolted down. All the space allows so many possibilities. I'm trying to play the wait and see game before I get to involved. Just got mine 2 months ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,265
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,265
Also interested in hearing how stiff the floor is? Considering getting one of these. I have a 1648 with center seat removed and the boat has suffered structurally as a result

The Sierra model comes from the factory w a flat floor rather then just the ribs showing. Pitched slightly to the center to drain to the back. There is foam between the ribs and an aluminum floor over the top of that riveted in. I've had it out in pretty rough water and I've yet to notice and flex that would worry me structurally.

Running down stuff I am going to need. Wasn't there someone on here that makes custom livewells?

I'm really into catfishing. That is how I am going to set it up. I am going to have at least 4 rod holders on each side of the boat. I am waiting on a 55lb power drive Minn Kota with the i-pilot. My local dealer can get the factory rebuilds with a huge price cut. Just have to wait till they have some available.

But I really need help on getting a livewell built. Not sure if I should just have a local shop do it.

Is this model boat available with a 15" transom? It looks like the website says 20" but maybe I'm looking at something wrong.

It is available w a 15 " transom. I'm in NY and I know there is a dealer near black lake w one. Also a ton in central PA and Illinois I saw while looking before I found one closer. Not sure where you are but as you get further south they get cheaper because they are out of Arkansas so naturally the freight is less expensive.

Latest posts